Hi! What are you up to this week? We made homemade pizzas and drank martinis while shopping obsessively online for new jeans and shoes. The pizza and martinis were a raging success – jeans and shoes…still TBD. Anyway, here’s a few things we’ve been digging lately…
1. Palm Springs IS the bachelor/ette party capital of the world (ok, maybe not verified, but still). If you happen to be planning a special fete for your bette – we are loving this super-packable balloon set to spruce up your Poppy pad in paradise and show the besties what you’re made of.
2. If you’re like us and always think of things too late, consider this a sign. Maisonette has the most adorable Bailey Bunny newborn set just in time for Easter. What’s cuter than a newborn? A newborn in a bunny suit of course.
3. If dry January taught us anything, it’s to scour the internet for delicious non-alcoholic cocktails in a can. Enter Parch: A non-alcoholic agave cocktail with 2 flavors – Prickly Paloma and Spiced Pinarita. Both draw inspiration from the lush biodiversity of Mexico, The Sonoran Desert and southwestern US. Yum.
5. Everyone kept telling us that we were insane because we hadn’t yet tried @crumblcookies and then we did and our lives were forever changed. Lucky for you, when you book your stay with us, you’ll be able to run over to the new location in Palm Desert and stuff your face to your hearts content. They. Are. That. Good.
6. This month’s newest Poppy property is a good one – Knott’s Landing. Originally built by the Knott Family (Knott’s Berry Farm) in 1968-1970 as their Palm Springs hideaway, Knott’s Landing is situated in one of Palm Springs most desirable neighborhoods. Step back in time and bask in the wonderful Mid-Century Modern Architecture.
7. Sunscreen envy means 100% Mineral, Broad Spectrum SPF 30 with 20% Non-Nano Zinc, Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide sun protection wrapped up in a chic and sunny package. Nécessaire The Sunscreen packs a heavy punch to protect your skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and help support the skin’s protective barrier.
8. This year we bought everyone travel journals for the holidays. It’s the perfect way to remind someone to take a moment to themselves, book that long-awaited, much deserved trip and just bask in….well, nothing. Take along this thoughtful travel journal on your next stay with us and find your balance once again.
9. If you’re looking to add some MCM flair to your interior decor, we love this Shaken Not Stirred print by Peter Ruck. Place it over a bar in any room where you socialize for an easy way to bring a little Palm Springs into your everyday life.
10. Did you know that Palm Springs shares many geographical similarities to Morocco? Kind if makes sense why all those Moroccan rugs look so damn good in our mid-century mod homes. If you want a little inspiration and your #shelfiesneed a pick-me-up, try this little number from eclectic fashion-crowd fave book publisher, Assouline.
That’s all for now…